Excellence in art instruction! Highly engaging, live lessons produce real results! Kids, teens & adults LOVE learning to focus, relax, and truly learn.
With reliable weekly structure, personal attention, and tons of fun, we're excited to bring 20+ years of excellence online, leading the way in at-home instruction to provide:
- Development of solid, foundational skills
- Personal connection with a kind, caring, highly-trained teacher
- Accountability & support in continuing quality practice each week
- Calibrated instruction: progress through individual skill levels
Step-by-step, hands-on art instruction meets an award-winning curriculum in small groups. Clear, expertly guided instruction is combined with one-on-one coaching on-screen, so students truly connect. Your teacher will customize instruction to your skill level after your first class. Use supplies you already have at home, and get started now!
Materials to have ready for class: Computer or iPad/tablet, a pencil, pink eraser, scratch paper (we recommend a 1/4 sheet of blank letter-sized paper), a black or dark marker, and crayons and/or colored pencils. Your child may pursue paint and other media based on teacher recommendation.
A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE: TRUE ONLINE LEARNING
There is a place that artists go, when they are deeply, authentically learning and creating, called “the zone.” In this space, when an artist is truly focused, committed and calm, time seems to disappear. As the eye sees line, shapes, value and color, the chatter of daily life falls away, and that artist achieves flow: a state of healthy, peaceful presence.
Why doesn’t everyone experience this? Why do people sometimes give up before achieving that flow? It’s because we get stuck. When we're on our own, obstacles and distractions often cause frustration and self-doubt, and we drift away.
This is where an expert personal guide makes all the difference. In yoga, a good teacher can gently redirect a student over and over, refocusing attention, and causing that student to dive deeper into the present moment. The mind is in a peaceful, healthy and creative state. This is our goal. With a one-on-one mentor to guide them past those little obstacles, our students achieve that flow.
It is a joy for our expert teachers to watch students online, guiding them in refining their work! With "the zone" in mind, each student is taught personally, in two vitally integrated ways:
- With 20 years of hands-on experience teaching in our award-winning program, Owner & Director Hilary Key personally walks through techniques for every student, gently and expertly demonstrating a video tutorial at your child’s appropriate artistic level.
- An expert teacher with 100+ hours of training and countless teaching hours in our program personally provides frequent encouraging feedback in critique and coaching sessions in small groups.
Students love this approach! We can’t stop smiling at all the artistic success we see, and so many students fully engaged in that vital sense of presence, and glowing with pride at what they have achieved. There is a place where artists go, called “the zone." We’ll meet you there.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, to keep Art Steps Online a positive place for students and staff.
Questions? Email us here, call: (714) 524-2248, or click here for FAQ about our online program.