Covid-19 Safety Accommodations
March 11, 2022
Art Steps Covid-related Safety Policies
SAFETY POLICIES as of April 12, 2023
Students & Parents
- Students and parents are not to come to the studio with any of the following symptoms: cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or new loss of taste or smell. Makeup classes will be provided for symptomatic children. We require that any known case of COVID-19 in a student’s household be reported to our office on the day that it is discovered.
- Students who either will not or cannot abide by the above requirements for any reason will be asked to leave the premises as soon as it is safe to do so, per the teacher’s or Studio Manager’s sole discretion.
- Art Steps reserves the right to ask any particular student not to return to the studio for any reason, and reserves the right to require written documentation of a negative COVID-19 test or of sufficient quarantine before allowing a student into the studio.
- Masks are optional.
- Advanced MERV air filters have been installed into the HVAC system for each studio location.
- Each classroom is outfitted with a standard air purifier, whose filter is changed monthly.
- Demonstrations may be done at the student’s bench as usual, but where equally effective, the teacher will conduct demonstrations at a distance, such as using a pointer stick or bringing the drawing board away from the student.
- Teachers may briefly touch a child’s hand or art supplies where needed to teach a specific technique. Teachers will stay aware that it is better to choose hands-off teaching methods instead when equally effective.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the studio, and students are encouraged to wash their hands.
- Each staff member self-screens for and attests that they do not have any of the following symptoms: cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or new loss of taste or smell. Any staff members who have any of these symptoms, believe they have been exposed to COVID-19 who are ill will be required to stay home, and will be asked to leave if they arrive at the studio.
- Staff will be required to wash or sanitize hands upon entrance to the studio and frequently throughout the day.
- Staff members who visit studios must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
- If a staff member has come into contact with another person who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, they must inform their studio Director/Manager immediately, and will be asked to stay home in accordance with any current CDC, State of California and OSHA guidelines.
- Masks are optional.
In the Event of a Positive Test Result:
- All persons who test positive for Covid-19 are asked to stay home for a minimum of five (5) days, or until they can show proof of a recent negative Covid test.